Cleaning is a task that we all have to do, whether we like it or not. But what if we told you that there's a tool that can make your cleaning routine easier and more efficient? Enter microfiber towels. These are not your ordinary cleaning cloths. They are a game-changer in the world of cleaning. In this article, we will discuss why microfiber towels are essential to your cleaning routine.
Microfiber towels are an incredible cleaning tool that allows people to use less harsh cleaning chemicals, and use less physical labor (or "elbow grease” as we like to call it), and still get a streak free and disinfected surface! Using fewer harsh chemicals in your home is especially important for people who have allergies, skin sensitivities, children, and pets.
Below are 4 facts why microfiber towels really are the best thing since sliced bread (at least in the cleaning world):
- Microfiber towels are made of 80% Polyester and 20% Polyamine. This material blend has a natural static cling that is amazing at attracting and absorbing dust when cleaning. It's basically a dust magnet.
- It is called "Microfiber” because each piece of yarn has been sliced 100,000 times. That makes each strand 100x finer than human hair! The benefit of having such fine strands is the incredible ability for the yarn to adhere to the surface and trap dust, dirt, and bacteria. Thereby leaving your surface much cleaner!
- Microfiber cloths are incredibly absorbent. Good quality microfiber cloths can hold up to 8x their weight in liquid, dust, dirt, bacteria.
- Because they’re so naturally good at collecting dust, dirt, bacteria, and grime from surfaces, you can use fewer harsh cleaning chemicals to get the same result. The cloth does most of the work!
Are you convinced yet? HOLD ON!! One thing you should know before going out and buying the cheapest microfiber cloths you can find is that all microfiber cloths are not created equal!! Just like you can buy cheap clothing and have it fall apart after the first wash, cheap and ineffective microfiber cloths are also easy to find. I know what you’re thinking: "HOW DO I KNOW WHAT IS GOOD QUALITY AND WHAT IS NOT”? That’s easy! Microfiber towels are ranked based using a metric called "Grams per Square Meter” (GSM). Basically, the higher the GSM number, the more thick/plush/absorbent the towel is. At Cantex, we supply microfiber cloths to many industrial cleaning companies who rely on our products to last them a long time so they can clean clients homes/businesses without any worry. Our industrial strength microfiber cloths are built to withstand the most tough messes!
Taking care of these magical cloths is important because they can last you a very long time. They are worth the investment. Here’s a few times on how to take care of the microfiber cloths:
- Refrain from using microfiber towels to clean anything with silicone, wax, or bleach. These chemicals will be almost impossible to wash out of your microfiber towel.
- Refrain from using fabric softener on the microfiber cloth when washing it. Using fabric softener can clog the fine strands, rendering it almost useless.
- If it’s possible, try to wash all your microfiber products together. Remember: microfiber will absorb EVERYTHING. You don’t want the cloth to absorb dirt and bacteria from other garments!
In conclusion, microfiber towels are an essential tool for any cleaning routine. They offer superior cleaning power, are environmentally friendly, customizable, and cost-effective. So why not make the switch to microfiber towels today? Your cleaning routine (and the environment) will thank you.